Silent Dream Scanlations

Welcome to Silent Dream Scanlations!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Silent Dream Scanlations

Welcome to Silent Dream Scanlations!

Silent Dream Scanlations

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Dream Scanlations is a scanlation project that has been launched by OtakuZone. Our purpose is to scanlate all of your silent dreams.

3 posters

Girls and Boys

NIGHTMARE
    NIGHTMARE

Dream Points : 8216

Girls and Boys Empty Girls and Boys

Post  NIGHTMARE Sun May 30, 2010 1:04 am

Asides physical appearances, why is it that boys and girls are so different?

- If a girl hangs out with a lot of guys, she's called a slut and other girls don't like her. But if a boy hangs out with a lot of girls, he's called a player and is considered 'cool'
    - If a girl is outgoing, people start thinking that she's 'fake' but when a guy does it, he's considered 'fun'

These two points might just be where I'm from but it's a fact that guys and girls get different treatment and I want to know why.
    EchoFaith
    EchoFaith

Dream Points : 5247

Girls and Boys Empty Re: Girls and Boys

Post  EchoFaith Sun May 30, 2010 8:58 am

i see the double standard as a relic from times when men and women had very distinct roles in society. as it is very difficult to convince people to change their ideas, some concepts will linger long after their usefulness has gone away...
    hawleyaw
    hawleyaw
    Scanlation Staff

Dream Points : 8023

Post  hawleyaw Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 am

It probably would be some of the standards are still passed down from earlier times and might never change. It also might be the way a guy and a girl act. A guy in my opinion is more laid back about life and er don't really care what we do if there are any consequences (there are a few exceptions)

A girl seems to care more about what everyone thinks of her so they set themselves a standard since they were a kid...if you were a good person as a kid and turned into a popular person later, people would still look at you differently than to a person who was popular to begin with.

So to me the main differences between the guys and the girls lies in the personalities.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:06 pm