Silent Dream Scanlations

Welcome to Silent Dream Scanlations!

Silent Dream Scanlations is a scanlation project that has been launched by OtakuZone. Our purpose is to scanlate all of your silent dreams.

World War 3 or will be so-called Nuclear War or the Asian War.

Hikari18

Dream Points : 3942

Re: World War 3 or will be so-called Nuclear War or the Asian War.

Post  Hikari18 on Fri May 28, 2010 6:07 pm

It's really such a coincidence that i happened to open this thread while reading this Nostradamus person's prediction about WW3, you now Nostradamus, dont you? oh well if you dont, you might want to check this site http://www.nostradamus101.com/. his predictions are pretty scary really. esp, his prediction about WW3 which i really hope and wish that it wont happen. ahh.. im scared now..;.;
    EchoFaith

Dream Points : 3248

Re: World War 3 or will be so-called Nuclear War or the Asian War.

Post  EchoFaith on Fri May 28, 2010 7:25 pm

hawleyaw wrote:
    Noroko wrote:
    hawleyaw wrote:Money influences a lot of a country's decisions. Currently the U.S. owes China billions of dollars in debt so if we do ever go into a war we might be forced to side with them. Also our country's political leaders have separate sides and will never agree on anything. If a a republican suggests siding we China, democrats will hate him, if a democratic suggests the same thing that same republican would hate the democrat. No matter what happens in a war people are gonna hate other people.
    in a way wouldn't that be a good thing though?
    would mean that the country is less likely to go into a war

No it makes it more likely for a country to split in half. Like when the U.S. went to war with Vietnam, you were either for it, or against it. Those who were with it volunteered to go to war and supported the troops, but those against it caused mass riots on college campuses and began the generation know for hippies. This time period was known as a time of Doves and Hawks.

I agree with this. A divided country at war with another will only waste lives and resources. Not to mention the war will likely drag on for far longer than if either side would want it to.

On the topic at hand though, I have a hard time seeing this potential war as actually being a so called 'World War III.' Economies these days are far too intertwined to allow for war to occur between any two developed countries. War between North/South Korea, if it does happen, would likely end up as North Korea vs. World.

Hikari18 wrote:It's really such a coincidence that i happened to open this thread while reading this Nostradamus person's prediction about WW3, you now Nostradamus, dont you? oh well if you dont, you might want to check this site http://www.nostradamus101.com/. his predictions are pretty scary really. esp, his prediction about WW3 which i really hope and wish that it wont happen. ahh.. im scared now..;.;

One thing about such predictions is that far too often, the prediction itself is very vague, and people will fit events to predictions after the fact. The basis of making accurate predictions of the future is simply to detail the events specifically enough while leaving out other details which give people room to fit actual events to those predictions or vice versa. In most cases, the scope of the prediction is broad enough such that human nature would inevitably cause them to act in the predicted manner.

It will not surprise me if another great war breaks out sometime in the future, possibly within our lifetimes. Humanity is simply not logical enough to understand their own nature, and always find themselves in downward spirals towards inevitable destruction, all the while thinking they are on the right path.

Current date/time is Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 am